FREE ON-DEMAND WEBINAR
3 Ways Medical Device Companies Working Remote are Leveraging QMS Software to Foster Innovation and Collaboration
As events surrounding the coronavirus (COVID-19) continue to unfold, medical device companies are finding themselves facing unforeseen challenges, whether that be centralized teams now being forced to collaborate and access information remotely, clinical trials being delayed, or a myriad of other issues caused by the "new normal".
Based on data-driven insights from medical device industry professionals in the 2020 State of Medical Device Product Development & Quality Management Report, we know medical device companies’ ability to collaborate will be disrupted based on the fact that:
- 71% of respondents already reported the company's quality system data was not easily accessible in real-time
- Only 7% of companies find themselves to be highly efficient during the design and development process of bringing a device to market, and this inefficiency will be further compounded for remote teams
- 55% of respondents indicates that managing a pile of documents was one of the biggest challenges in managing design controls, and that pile of documents now becomes even less accessible and "connected" in this new world
- On average, respondents said it takes 212 hours (5 weeks) to compile a DHF, and that's when all the information and people were in one location
And yet companies that indicated that they were using best-in-class software for managing product development and quality activities are:
- 3x more likely to call themselves “highly efficient” when bringing a device to market
- 2x as likely to feel “very confident” about demonstrating total lifecycle traceability in the event of an unannounced audit
- 2x as likely to need less than one day to prepare for an audit
This in-depth webinar will cover how companies using turn-key, best-in-class QMS software are able to remain agile in order to innovate and outperform the competition.